Graduation Materials Ordering Information
- Go to the Josten’s Website. This is a site set up specifically for ordering KPHS graduation materials.
- You can start ordering now.
- Graduates are only required to order the basic cap & gown package. The minimum cost is $35.95. (Click Here for Cap and Gown Only) Other items are optional.
- Deadline to order: January 8, 2024.
- Orders ship sometime during 4th quarter.
- Even if students graduate early, there is only one graduation ceremony.
- When items have been received at the school, you will receive a message that you can pick up materials if you have been cleared for graduation.
- Only students who are cleared for graduation will be able to pick up their graduation materials prior to graduation.
Grades to Zero and Cleared for Graduation
Teachers will publish all assignments for the remainder of the quarter by Fourth Quarter Midterm.
All assignments that have not been turned in will have zeros entered at that time. This will be the lowest possible grade a student could receive. As they complete assignments, their grade will go up.
As soon as a student’s grade reaches a passing score of 60%, they will be cleared for graduation for that course. This will not necessarily be their final grade. As they continue to work on assignments through the end of the term, their final grade will improve.
Only those students who have been cleared for graduation in all of their courses will be permitted to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Caps and Gowns
Students ordered Caps and Gowns directly from Jostens earlier in the year. Those will be shipped to our office. We should receive these sometime in the middle of May. Students will be able to pick up their Caps and Gowns at our main campus (15410 S Harmon Day Drive, Bluffdale, UT 84065) only after they have been cleared for graduation in all courses.
Once a student is cleared for graduation, their school counselor will email them a copy of a signed Graduation Clearance Form. The student will then take this form to the office at Hidden Valley. The head secretary will check to make sure all technology has been turned in and fees have been paid. Once that is cleared, the student will be able to get their cap and gown and participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
This year, the theme for graduation is “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” - Eleanor Roosevelt".
Our speakers will be the Valedictorian and Salutatorian
Valedictorian and Salutatorian
The graduation committee composed of School Principal, Counselors, Department Heads, and Registrar will select the Valedictorian and Salutatorian based on cumulative GPA, difficulty of courses taken, and test scores.
Commencement Ceremony Practice
May 29, 4 PM in the Hidden Valley MS auditorium.
- Graduates will get their name card from the table located at the entrance.
- Graduates will review and practice dress code expectations, processional, seating, reading of names, recessional, and receiving diplomas.
- After graduation practice, there will be a Barbeque for seniors.
- This is where students will receive their tickets.
Commencement Ceremony Dress
Jordan District Policy AA419
The graduation commencement ceremony is a formal and dignified in-person school sponsored activity which has significant meaning for graduates, parents, families, staff, and the community. The commencement ceremony, from the opening of the processional to the completion of the recessional, honors the collective achievement of the graduating class.
In order to maintain the dignity, decorum, propriety, and respect of the commencement ceremony, the following is expected of all participants:
- Conduct, dress and appearance are to adhere to the provisions in this policy and be appropriate for a ceremony of this nature.
- Graduates are expected to wear the prescribed cap and gown without alterations.
- Graduates will be allowed to wear recognized items of religious or cultural significance in a dignified manner.
- Formal, semi-formal, or customary dress attire is appropriate for a commencement ceremony.
- School issued and approved tassels, sashes, pins, hoods, cowls, mantles, cords, insignias, or medals signifying achievement, honor, participation, membership, or recognition may be worn.
Mantles, Cords, Insignias, or Medals Approved For Display
- National Honor Society, Valedictorian Medal, Salutatorian Medal, Top 10% Cord, JATC Cords, Student Council Member Cord
Commencement Processional Line Up
Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 5:30 PM Line up for the processional (Hidden Valley MS South East entrance)
- Students will be checked for appropriate dress for the ceremony.
- Graduates should be in their best dress, tassel, cap and gown (ironed).
- Best Dress - Dress Shirts, Ties, Dockers/Slacks, Dresses or Dress pants (No flip flops or shorts) A well-dressed graduation class will make a more classy and memorable experience for everyone.
- Purses, backpacks, bags, phones or other items to carry should be left at home (except as needed for medical reasons).
- Personal items that draw undue attention such as ostentatious clothing, jewelry, cap decorations, corsages, flower leis, candy leis, unauthorized sashes, medals and cords WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 6 PM, Hidden Valley MS Auditorium
- The KPHS Commencement Ceremony is a ticketed event.
- Only individuals who have a ticket will be admitted.
- Each graduate will be limited to 7 tickets.
- Graduates will receive their tickets at the Senior Barbeque following Commencement Ceremony Practice on May 31.
- While the number of tickets is limited, we will broadcast the ceremony live.
- The link to our live ceremony will be published on the front page of our website the day of Graduation
- The broadcast will be projected on a screen in the cafeteria outside of the auditorium, so additional family members and friends who do not have a ticket can still watch the broadcast in the building.
- Bell Photography will be taking portraits of graduates as they enter the auditorium.
- These portraits will be available for purchase.
- The recessional will take students to the southeast entrance end of the building where they will pick up their diplomas. Once they have received their diplomas, they will exit the building where additional pictures may be taken by family and friends.